Wednesday, November 26, 2008
My goal this year was to get was to get my Christmas decorations out before we left so Josh and I could return home to a pretty decorated house. But with not feeling too great this week, those plans changed from all of the decorations to just getting the tree done. But then Josh had a free night last night and he wanted to hang out and watch a movie. So we managed to get the tree upstairs from the basement, lights on and ribbon wrapped around the tree. The ornaments and other decorations will just have to waite until we return. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I was able to get some quality time in with my handsome hubby, isnt that what's important this holiday season? Spending time with the ones you love.
Anyways...have a wonderful turkey day!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
As you can see on the right hand side of our blog under "Contributors" is Josh's name. Which means he has every right to post an entry on this blog as I do. This isn't just Bethany's blog this is the Glupker's blog. And since he's the reason I became a Glupker, I think he should post a blog entry.
Alright Josh, here's your chance to contribute to our blog other than by being part of the subject of my blog entries. And I know you have it in you. You are an excellent writer and I know you have something you've been dying to post about. Right everyone? Don't you want to read something from my fabulous husband????
While we're waiting for Josh to post an entry, please enjoy this video of Josh and Nola. This is before I became a Glupker and just shortly after Nola came into our lives. It's hard to tell who's doing the barking. Enjoy!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Brittany got married this past July and was the most beautiful bride!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
So while I'll be celebrating the upcoming birth of brittany's nephew, I will also get to see my parents, my brother, my sister and her husband, my grandparents, an aunt, and Nola! I'm so excited! November is a big birthday month (see here) so we're going to go celebrate tonight at a really great Italian Restaurant called Bucca Di'peppos.
Hope you all are having a great weekend.
And Josh, I hope you're having a good weekend. We all sure miss you a lot, love you!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Marcky - sorry for the crazy pictures of you. Our internet was down all yesterday and this morning, so I couldn't upload some of the more normal pictures from you. I happen to have these pics in my gmail inbox. So I am quick posting this blog while at work. Shhhh, don't tell Dave cuz I feel like a time theft. (You're a thief of joy.- Michael to Dwight during their Ethics meeting. I hope you got to see that episode.)
So Marcky, Josh and I pray you have a wonderful birthday filled with peace from the Lord and a renewed sense of His Holy Spirit in your life. I'm so excited to see you this weekend and give you your brithday in gift in person. I know Josh is pretty sad he won't be able to see you but you do need to know that your gift, though quite random, is from Josh's heart. Love you brother-man!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Hope everyone exercises their freedom of voting tomorrow! Here is a prayer from John Piper regarding the election tomorrow:
Father in heaven, as we approach this election on Tuesday, I pray
1) that your people will vote,
2) and that they will vote with a sense of thankfulness for a democratic system that at least partially holds in check the folly and evil in all our hearts so that power which corrupts so readily is not given to one group or person too easily;
3) that we would know and live the meaning of
- being in the world, but not of it,
- doing politics as though not doing them,
- being on the earth, yet having our lives hidden with Christ in God,
- rendering to Caesar the things that are Caesars, and to God the things that are God’s;
4) that we would discern what truths and values should advance by being made law and which should advance only by the leavening of honest influence;
5) that your people would see what love and justice and far-seeing wisdom demand in regard to the issues of education, business and industry, health care, marriage and family, abortion, welfare, energy, government and taxes, military, terrorism, international relations, and every challenge that we will face in the years to come;
6) and above all, that we will treasure Jesus Christ, and tell everyone of his sovereignty and supremacy over all nations, and that long after America is a footnote to the future world, he will reign with his people from every tribe and tongue and nation.
Keep us faithful to Christ’s all important Word, and may we turn to it every day for light in these dark times.
In Jesus’ name,
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Starting at the top on my left is Jamie (she and her hubby were a s'more), Sarah (the host and was Esmerelda to her husband who was the Hunchback of Notre Dame), and Christie (she went as self-absorbed).
Camille and Brooke even told ghost stories.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Now, the moment you all have been waiting for (yes, I'm talking to you Brittany)....
In honor of one of Josh's heroes (and secret loves) we went as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife Beth . I know this may sound crazy but Josh didn't really have any say in what we were for Halloween.