Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Practice Hospital Run

Yesterday was my first official day off from work and I was super excited to start nesting. I have a very long list of things I'd like to get done before the baby arrives so I was looking forward to a very productive day. I was able to get a lot done in the morning but after a late lunch I starting have a pretty bad pain on the right side of my abdomen. Then pain didn't feel like a contraction but more like a runner's cramp. As I was waiting for the pain to pass I sat on the couch contemplating if I should call Josh or if I should call my father. (Now that Josh is on rotations, I told him I would try not to call him unless I was going into labor because I didn't want to worry him.) I managed to get into a position on the couch where I wasn't in pain and ended up falling asleep until Josh got home from working.

When he got home I tried to change positions and the pain came back right away and it didn't go away. After dinner and after speaking with my father he recommended I just go ahead and call my doctor to see if I could come in and get checked out to make sure everything was okay. So at about 7pm last night we headed towards the hospital to see what was going on. We got right in and they hooked me up to a couple of different monitors. The baby's heart rate was good, the doc checked me out, I wasn't dialated. The doc just thought the baby was in a position that was causing me the discomfort and just to be safe they wanted to keep there to monitor the baby and me. We were at the hospital for a couple of hours and after a sonogram (which everything looked great) we were able to go home at about 11:45pm.

I do feel better this morning but I'm not so sure the pain I was experiencing was the baby being in a funky position. I can feel him moving around quite a bit and I don't think he was poking and prodding my right side. Who knows? I'm just thankful I'm feeling better today and can continue my nesting projects.

Quick shout out to my amazing husband for being so wonderful last night. Josh has to be at the hospital at 6am every morning he has been going to bed between 9-9:30pm. I know it was rough for him to not get enough sleep last night. I guess we can consider it practice for not getting much sleep when the baby is here.


  1. What is your actually income from Josh and you?How are you doing this?I'm 52,000 in debt right now from school.I am amazed how you can afford a child.Your doing something right.I am doing something wrong.

  2. I am a nice anonymous person, so just ignore the comment above. It's always a good idea to go and get checked out at this point! Best of everything to you over the next couple of weeks. Take it easy and sleep as much as you can!

  3. Buff...we're praying for all 3 of you! Here's hoping today is a better day and you can get to crackin' on that NESTING LIST!

    Loving you from Italy...
    Amy & Stefano

  4. I am a nice anonymous person, so just ignore the comment above

    How was the top question bad he or she was just asking a question?Second Anonymous has never been to med school I see.


  5. No, just law school Shannon! The first anon. is trying to stir up negative emotions in my opinion, Shannon! Tough crowd on this blog!

  6. Bethany I had the same pain a month or so before I had Matthew. Kind of like a pulled muscle. Both your parents were there. I know you miss that! They gave me a muscle relaxer shot and I was fine. I think it might have something to do with ligaments stretching and maybe trying to do too much...so take it easy..and remember God is protecting that little boy!! Love you!!Teena


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...