Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Don't Waste Your Cancer

You know when you hear about people being diagnosed with cancer, you never really think it will hit too close to home for you? Of course you know it's always a possibility. And you especially never think one of your best friends from college will ever be diagnosed with cancer.

Last week I received a call from one of my best friends from college, Libby, and she told me she has lymphoma. My heart just dropped. I immediately wanted to get in my car or buy a plane ticket and fly to Chesapeake, VA to be with her. I just wanted to see her and hold her. I remember receiving a phone call from her when I was in the hospital the night I had my c-section when we lost Leyton and she just wanted to come be with me. I now know how she felt.

I asked Libby if it would be okay if I blogged about her and shared a link of her new blog about her new journey. She is an amazing woman. She has a deep passion for the Lord and for her family. I admire her strength and courage during this uncertain time in her life. She is putting all of her hope and trust in the Lord and is already believing good things will come of this new trial. She has a wonderful husband who loves and serves her so well, I'm so thankful she has Justin.

Her blog is called Don't Waste Your Cancer.

She has a biopsy tomorrow afternoon to identify what type of lymphoma she has. Please be in prayer for her and her family. She believes in the power of prayer and would appreciate many prayers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...