Friday, August 6, 2010

Fourth Year!

I can hardly believe that we are already in our fourth year of medical school (and yes, I count myself in med-school too, indirectly). These past three years have flown by. He has had a crazy year of studying for shelf exams every 8 weeks and then just taking step 2 of boards, I'm thankful he is starting fourth year off on a lighter schedule. He does have residency applications and interviews coming up this fall, so I know we are far from over. But I am so incredibly proud of how hard he works for our family. He has put in so many hours of studying this summer and still found time to spend with me. And as much as I have complained about his mandated study schedule or his school, he hasn't said a peep of complaining. He such an incredible guy and am so blessed to have him as my husband.

 First day of med-school on left and first day of fourth year on right.  

During the course of this past year of med-school we have really seen the Lord's hand take care of Josh. Things didn't always look like we were expecting them too but the Lord had a plan and he carried Josh through. We continue to trust Him in where He is leading us for residency. We will know where he will match for residency in February (or March possibly) and the Lord already knows where that will be. Craziness! All that to say God is good and we give Him all the glory for remaining faithful to His promises for us and for walking with us each step of the way.  

And thanks again Josh for letting me take these pictures of you. I know it's not your fave. =)

2 comments:

  1. That is a good man to let you take those pictures. I love them! Congrats to you (and I guess Josh too :) for making it this far still happily married and praising God the whole way! (Rachelle is Shelly if that's confusing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog!!! It is super cute, and I just LOVE those pictures. My bfriend of a year and a half is an Intern and we just got through a crazy fourth year but it was so nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak...

    I can't wait to read more about your guys' journey!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...