Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Things

I'm currently watching Jonah on the video monitor looking around in his crib. He's only been down for a nap for about an hour and I know he needs to sleep longer. Poor little guy is trying hard to get comfy to go back to sleep. 


I know I still need to get Jonah's 9 month post out (preferably before September), but that little nugget just won't lay still for the picture. And the ones I do have are of him crying. I will attempt another photo shoot when Josh gets home but if it doesn't work out then I'll just have to make what I have work. 


Right now Jonah is putting his blanket over his head and playing peek-a-boo. So cute. 


Not sure when but I am guest writing for one of my friend's blogs soon. I'm sharing my story of loosing Leyton and the Lord's grace through it all. It's going to be in two parts because there was so much I wanted to share. 


Josh is finishing up his ICU rotation on Wednesday and starting ER for the month of September. I'm not sure what to think of him working in the ER, I guess it will depend on what shifts he has. But he has a total of 22 (10 hour shifts) this month when I think the norm is around 15ish. Josh is working so hard and we are so proud of him. 


I know summer is coming to an end quickly but if you love s'mores you are going to love this super easy s'more cookie recipe. I made them this summer when the Ruiters came for a visit. 


Chocolate Marshmallow Meltaways (from Parents magazine - but I just call them s'more cookies)
1 1/4 cups graham-cracker crumbs
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
7 oz. marshmallow cream
nonstick cooking spray
chocolate syrup (I used chocolate chips)


1. In a large bowl, mix the crumbs, peanut butter, maple syrup, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Shape into 24 1 1/4-inch balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or tray as you shape. Use a fork to flatten and make a crisscross design on each ball.


*I could probably stop here and just eat these cookies as is, they are so good!* 


2. Before serving, spoon 1/2 tsp. of marshmallow cream onto each cookie (wait to spoon the marshmallow cream on the cookies until you are ready to eat them). Coat the spon with nonstick spray to make it easier. Then drizzle the cookies with chocolate syrup (I just put a couple of chocolate chips on top). 


Enjoy! 


And my little munchkin is back to sleep, hopefully for another hour or two. 


Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Adam is a 22 shifter in the ER, too. Good times, good times! Right now, I'll just be glad to have the night shift over. I miss you buddy and look forward to talking soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go team Josh!

    Hoping Jonah isn't enjoying breakfast as I type.

    Can't wait for the guest post. Please let us know which blog and when.

    So proud of you guys!♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...