Thursday, June 11, 2009

Work weekend with our incredibly family…

First of all, let me start this post by saying my family is incredible and the blessings they pour out on us never seem to end. My family came up here to Erie this past weekend for a work weekend to help us get our house baby ready. There was a lot we wanted to do and knew we needed their help. Plus I'm not really good for anything anymore (other than giving orders) since I'm not really supposed to be doing any heavy lifting; Josh doesn't even let me carry the laundry basket up and down the stairs…oh darn. Extra muscle was definitely needed because we relocated the futon and treadmill to our basement, disposed of Josh's desk, and brought in the new dresser and crib for the baby's nursery (formerly Josh's study).

On top of all the heavy lifting we also painted the nursery. I am so thankful my grandmother (Gammie) came up with my family because she saved us so much money on paint and supplies. Leave it to Gammie to find coupons in the store and have a Sherwin Williams card from her contractor that we were able to use for an addition 20% off. I really wanted to get "green" paint with low-odor/no VOCs but I hated how expensive it was. Thanks to Gammie we saved $15 on the paint! I've never been so excited about buying paint and supplies as I was this past Saturday. But with all my excitement about our paint supplies, I wasn't able to participate in the painting. I was ordered to take a break and prop my swelling ankles up on the couch. I didn't argue for too long and Nola and I ended up taking a little nap together. Of course I felt incredibly guilty because my poor family was working so hard and but they insisted. And when they insist, they mean it.

EVERYONE worked very hard this entire weekend, but I would like to give a shout out to my sister and her husband. Brittany and Jason were non- stop working their little tooshies off the entire weekend, they make such a great team. You should just see how they organized our basement. I was really hesitant to set up our futon in the basement as an extra room but they made it look really nice. I used to only go in our basement to do laundry but Josh and I have even talked about maybe watching a movie down there. And…..Jason found my favorite sunglasses in my car that I thought I lost a couple months ago!!!! I thought I was going to cry. I was already having a great day but this was the icing on the cake.

Thank you again family for working so hard last weekend. Josh and I are so thankful and beyond blessed by how much you have helped us. Now that everything is almost ready, I have a huge sense of peace about the baby coming. WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

2 comments:

  1. It is such a labor of love for Families to help their sweet daughters---after all you ARE providing the GRANDCHILD!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...