Saturday, October 9, 2010

27th Birthday Recap

First, I want to thank everyone who was thinking of me yesterday on my 27th birthday (ahhh! I still can't believe I'm 27!). I really appreciate all of the calls, texts, fb messages, etc. I feel so blessed and loved by everyone's thoughtfulness. Sorry if I wasn't able to answer your calls, I will certainly do my best to call you back this week.

This year my birthday was not on my radar. I love making a big deal out of birthdays but this year all I can really think about is this baby and that we only have about 6 weeks left until we can meet him good Lord's willing.

I ended up having a really nice day with the majority of it I spent by myself, but I actually really liked that. My morning was pretty chill. Josh had flowers delivered to my parent's house for me but the note said, "Love you Mommy! Love, Leyton and baby". I'm pretty sure I cried for a good 20 minutes. My husband never ceases to amaze me with his thoughtfulness and love. This also reminded me that I hadn't yet been up to visit Leyton's grave site. I went up to visit him and right when I got there I got a bug bite on my arm and right between my eyes. So I wasn't there for too long but Josh and I are going to go back and bring Leyton a pumpkin.

Embarrassed by my bug bite, I was a little delayed in my Starbucks, Sephora, and shopping plans. But after about 45 minutes the swelling went down and with encouragement from my Aunt Toni, I went shopping. But when I got there I realized I hadn't eaten anything for lunch and I was hungry. I didn't really want to eat my emergency healthy nut mix that I always keep on hand and I didn't want to go anywhere and eat by myself, so I figured since I skipped getting my pumpkin spice latte I could quick run into Cheryl & Co. and grab a cookie...or two. I figured that's an ok birthday lunch.

After shopping (which by they way I have officially begun Christmas shopping, already found a gift for my niece Kate) I was able to grab a quick nap before dinner at PF Changes. After an amazing dinner Josh, my brother, his girlfriend Shelly, and I headed back to my parent's house to carve pumpkins. Marc carved Nola into his pumpkin and Shelly carved her dog Tibby. They turned out pretty cute. Shelly has better pictures of the finished products lit up outside but here are a couple...

 Josh and I shared a pumpkin. Nothing too creative but I really like how the 
monogrammed G turned out.
Josh and Marc knew when the automatic timer was going off but they 
elected to have their faces look like that.

Thanks again to everyone who helped make my birthday incredibly special. I'm looking forward to learning more about the Lord this year, continuing to trust in His promises, and seeing what He has in store for me.

Oh, and happy birthday to everyone who celebrated their birthday this week. I hear this is a pretty popular week for birthdays because if you go back nine months you hit New Year's.   =)

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful, friend! I hope you are having a refreshing time and you are definitely missed here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...