Wednesday, October 20, 2010


These past four weeks have flown by! I can’t believe our time in Dayton is coming to an end this Saturday. It seems like we just got here. I’m actually kind of thankful for this. I certainly LOVE being here with my family and visiting friends and I’m trying to not wish this time away, but this just means we are even closer to having this baby (good Lord’s willing)!

Here’s what’s been going on with us (if you’re interested):

• I’ve been keeping busy by helping my mom plan a fundraiser for a local non-profit where she volunteers (The Life Enrichment Center).
• Josh has had long hours with this surgery rotation and I’m looking forward to him being on internal med next which should hopefully be better hours.
• Josh had his first residency interview in Grand Rapids at Devos Children’s Hospital, he thinks it went really well. He loved the program and all of the people he met there. He still has quite a few interviews to go to, so we are praying hard for the Lord to continue His good works in Josh and trusting Him placing us in the right residency program. As scary as the unknown is we are excited for this time in our med-school chapter.
• As far as my pregnancy goes, I’ve been feeling pretty good. My hips of course are sore and I’ve been pretty tired because sleep has been an issue but physically I’ve been feeling pretty good, I’m very thankful for this. You know, I love being pregnant but I feel like I’ve already put my time in for being pregnant.
• In terms of how I’m feeling emotionally, that just depends on the day you ask me. Today…not to good. I was listening to a song (Matt Kearney’s song “Closer to Love” I guess we’re all one phone call from our knees). Every time I hear this line it reminds me of how Josh had to call both of our parents to tell them we lost Leyton. I hate that he had to do that. I don’t know why it really hit me this afternoon but it did. I really should have a separate post about the emotions and feelings that seem to be surfacing but that would mean I would have to really confront them and I don’t know if I want to go there.
• Tomorrow my grandmother is hosting a luncheon for me with some of my great aunts and cousins, and when my grandmother does something, she goes all out. I’m really looking forward the luncheon, it should be a really nice time.

I think that’s about all that is new with us Glupkers. I know I’ve been saying this, but I will post about the feelings that are re-surfacing. Everything is jumbled and unorganized in my head at the moment. Once I get things in writing I know it will help me process. Thanks for listening.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy Gammy's party! Awaiting the photos!

    Praying about all the emotion stirring. Remember to think on good things.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honest- sorry that this is such a bitter-sweet experience. I know your surrounded by love- but if you ever need a shoulder let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us in a little on your heart. Your life and testimony are such a blessing to us all - however "jumbled and unorganized" you may feel. I hope the luncheon went well. I'm sorry I missed it - I'm sure everything was lovely. Love you, sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...