Friday, October 22, 2010

On the Waters of Sorrow

For my birthday my mother got me a book titled COME AWAY My Beloved by Frances J. Roberts. It is a sweet book of short devotionals that are really encouraging and a reminder to experience the Lord's all-sufficient care and provision. As I have been reading something new every morning, I desire to share it with you. Here is one I read yesterday (the bold words are my added emphasis)...

On the Waters of Sorrow
But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered in the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him." I Corinthians 2:9

O My child, I am coming to you walking on the waters of the sorrows of your life; 
yes, above the sounds of the storm you shall hear my voice call your name.

You are never alone, for I am at your right hand. Never despair, for I am watching 
over and caring for you. Be not anxious. What seems to you to be at present a 
difficult situation is all part of My planning, and I am working out the details of 
circumstances so that I may bless you and reveal Myself to you in a new way.

As I have opened your eyes to see, so shall I open your ears to hear,
and you shall come to know Me even as Moses did, yes, in a face-to-face relationship
For I will remove the veil that separates Me from you, and you will know 
Me as your dearest friend and as your truest Comforter.

No darkness will hide the shining of My face, for I shall be to you as a bright star 
in the night sky. Never let your faith waver. Reach out your hand, 
and you shall touch the hem of My garment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...