Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Seven Months




close contenders for your seven month picture...
when you get really excited you scream (we thought it was pretty cute....at first) and pump your legs really fast. I think you are mid-scream in these pictures. I had to post these pictures for your Uncle Marcky. 

When people stop and ask me how old you are I have to catch myself and think...there is no way you are already seven months old. As sad as I get sometimes when I look back at pictures from when you were born, I am loving watching you grow and learn to do so many things. 


I think one of my favorite things has been to watch you eat. We're still pretty much on baby food but now that things are finally starting to settle down for us, I've started making your food and I'm slowly introducing some lumpy food to you. I think bananas are your favorite (I believe that is what you are eating in the picture above). I have really enjoyed making your food and I love knowing exactly what you are eating and it is so much cheaper! And I thought your high-chair was helping to prevent you from sucking your thumb but you are still pretty persistent in following each bite with your thumb. This morning in fact you had your left thumb in your mouth and your right index finger. 


You definitely let us know when you want more food by either slapping your arm on your high-chair tray or by grunting/moaning. And we know when you are finished when you perse your lips and start blowing razzies at us. It's a good thing you're so darn cute cuz those razzies make you 
(and those feeding you) so so messy. 


You are not quite sitting up on your own but we are working on it. I have noticed during your play time you are very focused and determined to get every one of your toys in your mouth, preferrably at the same time but you're learning that is just not possible. 


This was your outfit for your Uncle Marcky & Ya-ya's wedding. You were so-O AD-OR-ABLE!!  (Shelly's mom made the vest)


Don't tell Baby Wise, but sometimes in the morning right before your first nap, you and I snuggle up and I let you fall asleep on me. I know you probably aren't going to be doing this for much longer, so I am trying to soak up while I can. 


You are now rolling in both directions, yay! You still prefer to roll to the right and your technique to roll to the left is quite interesting as you use your head (instead of your arms) as your pivot point, but hey it's what works for you. As much as we are loving you rolling around, 
diaper changes are sometime a two-man job. 


Thank you so much for being so flexible and patience with us this month as we were getting settled into our new home and traveling, traveling, and traveling some more. I know you don't love being in your car seat for so long so your Papa and I really appreciated how great you were during our long trips and even our late nights out. It has been such a joy being your mother. We are continuing to pray for you and your heart to love Jesus and to serve Him. We love you and look forward to seeing your grow more and more (even though it I sometimes wish you were teeny-tiny again). =) 

3 comments:

  1. He just keeps getting cuter! Happy 7th months Jonah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Jonah-scream pictures, Jonah-mommy! I sure do love his screeches of laughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...