Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He is faithful

At this very moment I feel like there is no possible way for my belly to get any bigger. Eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream with bananas probably doesn't help how I feel either (hey, I skipped the chocolate syrup tonight, thank you very much. Oh, remind me later to tell you about the time when I talked my father into letting me have ice cream sundaes for breakfast when I was about 11 years old). As I was preparing dinner I felt like the baby was trying to kick his way out of my belly through my belly button. I think we're going through a growth spurt over here. It's still hard for me to believe my belly is going to get even bigger, but I still have two months to go. How about his realization....this entire pregnancy I've been looking down at my growing belly. The view looking down is a whole lot different than when you look at yourself in the mirror from the side. Holy cow! (No pun intended here folks.)

Well, things have been a bit crazy here in the Glupker household. We had a lot of trials last week and we were really challenged to put all of our faith and trust in the Lord. We praise the Lord for always being faithful to us. We trust in his faithfulness even when things don't look the way we thought they were going to look. But he is faithful and we cling to him to get us through this season.

James 1:2-8
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bethany.

    I needed that James tonight. I forgot that backup file. It always reminds me of Romans 5:3-5

    "Not only so but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverence produces character, and character produces hope. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts..."

    My mom was born May 21, 1921 and died four score and seven years later, precisely. May 21, 2008.

    Tomorrow is her first birthday in my life....not here.

    But it is her first birthday in heaven. :)

    Eat the ice cream.
    Babies love it!
    I pray you have a child filled with....hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "O, our God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you." 2 Chron.20:12

    Life itselt can be "The Vast Army"

    "In this you greatly rejoice, though for now for a little while you may have to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes soon though refined by fire, may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed."
    I Peter 1:6-7

    2 verses of GREAT comfort to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what God is doing to your heart. You are going to be a wonderful mother.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...