Friday, September 12, 2008

Please Pray For Addie

Hi friends and family! One of the many blessings of being a part of the body of Christ is we pray for each other even when we don't personally know who we are praying for.  Tonight, I am asking you to lift our three year old niece Addie up in your prayers. She and her parents are at a hospital in Ann Arbor, MI for some tests on her little cabeza. Also please be in prayer for her parents as Beth and Chris as they are needing peace and strength from the Lord.

Addie was born right after Josh and started dating (junior year of college). So many of our dates were spent with his family so we could spend time with this beautiful little girl. At that time (next to his mother of course) I was the main girl in his life. I remember telling Josh, "This little girl is going to steal your heart. Just be prepared to fall completely in love with her." Josh wasn't too convinced of this until one special evening when we went to visit Addie, she must have been only a week old. When he was holding her, she grabbed his finger and wouldn't let go. This memory is so clear to me! Then Josh turned to me and I could tell the look on his face said, "She has captured my heart and you have been replaced." I honestly remember this memory just like it was yesterday. And now she is three and a half! Here are a few of my favorite Addie pictures:







This is probably my favorite picture of Addie. I remember she was walking around with her hands in her pockets and when I asked her to do it again, she stuck those tiny hands right back in with her thumbs out and gave me her best smile!
This is Addie's little brother Holden and they have another sibling on the way!
Addie is praying for a sister. 
I know it is hard to trust the Lord is in control, but we need to always remember that He holds all of His children in His hands. 


   Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."   Matthew 19:14

2 comments:

  1. Please keep us all updated on Addie's progress. I will be praying for her. I meant to call you back earlier and then Josh and I ended up going out. I will call you tomorrow! I would love to see you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, those pictures are beautiful. We will be praying for that sweet little Addie.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...