Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Erie Sunrise

This just happens to be the view from my bed at about 6:20 in the morning (yesterday). If I happen to leave the blinds open enough, I am able to watch the sun rise from my very bed. I have been wanting to capture this on camera for a while. And as tired as I was, I was able to will myself out of bed to find my camera and to take a few pictures of this beautiful Erie sunrise. (Please excuse the fuzziness in these pictures. I took them from behind the screen of the window. I didn't have the motivation to actually go outside and take the pictures.)



...and in the morning you will see the glory of the Lord...Exodus 16:7



For his anger last only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5


But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 59:16


But I cry to you for help , O Lord; in the morning my prayer comes before you. Psalm 88:13


Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Psalm 90:14


It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night. Psalm 92:1-2


Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Psalm 143:8


My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. Isaiah 26:9


O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress. Isaiah 33:2


Because of the Lord's rat love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." Lamentations 3:22-24


"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics-truly "Joy in the morning."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was up early and walked down the street to buy the newspaper from a machine, and saw that same moment of sunrise.

    I stood in awe and watched the light yellow become brilliant gold; then, it turned to orange before it become a blazing red.

    The clouds were an unusual formation as well having a rough underside texture. The colors of the rising sun were absorbed and reflected simultaneously, depending on the underside roughage of the clouds.

    This was one of few times i literally expected Him to send His angels with a loud trumpet call and make a glorious appearance finally. I was glad I had on clean underwear, but, He did not show up for the finale; just a preview.
    I remembered I had my cell phone and began a beautiful movie sunrise, capturing the awesome Master Artist painting His vision for Erie. It spread colors from horizon to horizon and I made a panorama of it all.

    This is my first visit to your blog and will return as your comments on His Truth are rare on the internet.

    I was attracted to Jennings Secede with a posting of Phil 4:8 long ago, a favorite Word of God to me.
    Regrettably, there is little Bible verse there since and I tune in less.

    Psalm 34 outlined currently by Camille is an awesome song often sung in worship services. It was good to see her quote the bible anew.
    Sadly, thereafter, Gilmore Girls gets a bigger notice than the Lord.

    Best Regards,
    Danny Lucas

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...